Guest Posting | Is It Really Worth the Bother?
Posted by: Danielle | on February 1, 2012
Seriously, guest posting might sound like a lot of work to you, and it is if you’re doing it right. But is it worth the bother? Some don’t think so. I strongly disagree and I think that if you really want to get in front of a targeted audience guest posting can be your best tool.
Well, think about it – how do your find new readers? You need to get in front of your audience right? Right. And how do you do that? There are lots of ways – forum posting, yahoo answers, article marketing, and so on. But guest posting – this is one way that you can be sure of being in front of a targeted audience because blog readers tend to be quiet loyal. When they find a blog they like, they come back to it again and again. And they already want the information.
So, when you guest post for someone else’s blog they are essentially letting you borrow their readers! What more could you ask for.
When you guest post for someone’s blog, you usually get a resource box somewhere in the blog post where you’ll be allowed to add links. Spend some time creating a great bio that is funny and engaging at the same time. Leave links to the places that you want to be found most and don’t forget to tell them whatever the most important thing about you is.
Also, when you guest post for someone’s blog they might let you leave links within the body of the post. These links should be to specific blog posts within your blog. This will help you get targeted traffic even more!
Check out some of the guest posts I’ve done this past year:
- 10 Ways to Build a Killer Web Presence Without Social Networking (Job Mob)
- 10 Reasons Your Writing Blog Isn’t Helping You Get Jobs (The Blue Inkwell)
- Writers - Are You Filling in Your Profiles? (Get Paid to Write Online)
- Why WordPress is the Leading Content Management System(Ben Wan Web Solutions)
- How to Keep Your Business Writing Simple (Simply Stated Business)
- 5 Techniques You Can Use to Take Your Internet Marketing Business to the Next Level in 2012 (Famous Bloggers)